2013 New Kindle Fire HD 2, Kindle Fire 3 Release Date; 5 New Features, Specs For Amazon's New Version Tablets Due For September
By Alma L. Cruz, Crossmap On August 10, 2013
2013 New Kindle Fire HD 2 and a Kindle Fire 3 release date, specs, and features have begun its rounds in the rumor mill. After Amazon slashed the prices of the current Kindle Fire HD tablets, experts suspect that a new product is to be released for the Back-To-School and Holiday season rush. As it has been almost one year since the Kindle Fire HD and improved Kindle Fire hit the shelves, Amazon is due for their latest new tablet release.
2013 New Kindle Fire HD 2 and Kindle Fire 3 release date is expected to debut in September with new and improved specs and features for the tablet reader. According to a report from Extreme Tech, both varieties of the tablets will receive "significant" upgrades in terms of hardware, software, and appearance. Check out the list for an organized look at the current rumors floating through the tech grapevine.
Like Us on Facebook
1. Light weight: Extreme Tech reports that the Kindle Fire HD 2 (unofficially named), will be lighter, though exact dimensions have yet to be released.
2. Impressive specs (hardware): the 7 inch version of the Fire HD 2 will have a 1920x1200 screen display, 2GB or RAM, around 2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800, Wi-Fi, a front-facing camera, and some storage options of 16, 32, and 64GB.
The 8.9-inch version will have a display of 2560x1600 and a rear-facing camera in addition to the other specs.
The Kindle Fire 3 will have a larger display from its previous models with 1280x800. The 1GB RAM is expected to remain the same.
3. Impressive specs (software): Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. 4.2.3 is expected to be available soon after the release.
4. Same Price?: Extreme Tech suggests that the price of the HD tablets will probably match the usually prices-- $200 for the 16GB 7 inch variety and $270 for the 8.9 inch. The Kindle Fire 3 price is likely to remain the same at $160.
Sponsored Watch Your Favorite Christian Films, 24/7. Click Here To Start Your Free Trial Today
5. "Chiseled" outward appearance: While the Kindle tablets are known for the rounded look. The new tablets may be more squared on the edges.
So what do you think? Are you saving up for the new Kindle line?