Top 5 Verses From the Book of Philippians
By John Dere, Crossmap On September 12, 2013
In the Bible, the apostle Paul’s letter to the Philippian church contains many popular verses.
Although non-exhaustive, here is a list of the top five verses from the book of Philippians (ESV):
Like Us on Facebook
1) “For me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.” –Phil. 1:21
2) “Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.” –Phil. 2:3-4
3) “Do all things without grumbling or disputing, that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, holding fast to the word of life, so that in the day of Christ I may be proud that I did not run in vain or labor in vain.” –Phil. 2:14-16
4) “Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” –Phil. 4:4-7
5) “And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. To our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen.” –Phil 4:19-20
Sponsored Watch Your Favorite Christian Films, 24/7. Click Here To Start Your Free Trial Today
Do you have any other favorite verses from the book of Philippians? If so, please let us know in the comments below.