Ways To Get Involved The National Day of Prayer by John Bornschein
By John Bornschein,The National Day of Prayer Task Force, Crossmap On May 2, 2013
As you make plans for the National Day of Prayer, keep in mind there are numerous ways to get involved. It is amazing how fast a day will pass, so try participating in one or more of the following:
Like Us on Facebook
- LIVE WEBCAST, FRC Men's Prayer Time - On Wednesday, May 1, a prayer gathering of ministry, business and congressional leaders will take place in Washington D.C. and be broadcast LIVE via webcast from the Family Research Building. Speakers include Pastor Greg Laurie, Dr. Kenyn Cureton, Dr. James Dobson, John Bornschein and many others. CLICK HERE for more >
- Find an Event - Thousands of prayer gatherings are taking place across the United States on this 62nd annual National Day of Prayer. Chances are, there is an event right near you. To find out, click here and search by city, state and zip. Be sure to make sure the mile radius is set correctly or it may limit your search too much. Start with state and see where the Lord leads you. CLICK HERE for more >
- Watch the National Observance LIVE - Join Pastor Greg Laurie, Dr. James and Shirley Dobson, Congressman Robert Aderholt, Mrs. Vonette Bright, Mr. Pat Boone, Congressman Frank Wolf, Wintley Phipps, Chaplain Barry Black, The Annie Moses Band, Dr. Dick Eastman, Mr. David Butts, Mr. John Bornschein, and more LIVE from Washington D.C. - Thursday, May 2, 2013. This WEBCAST will be from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon ET, broadcasting LIVE from the Cannon House Office Building on Capitol Hill. The National Day of Prayer Task Force has partnered, once again, with GOD TV to broadcast this special event, which will be available to millions of viewers in more than 200 countries around the world. The program will also be broadcast on DirecTV channel 365 and streamed LIVE on this website. Look for re-broadcast times. CLICK HERE for more >
- Make a Commitment to Pray for America - If you don't know how to pray or maybe you want to learn more about prayer, we suggest several tools to get you started:
- Share Your Thoughts on Prayer With Others - We have a prayer community of tens of thousands right online. Since you most likely have a Facebook account, be sure to visit our National Day of Prayer Facebook community and write a short prayer for America - for your community, family, or even your friends. Then invite others to join with you in prayer. CLICK HERE for more >
- Listen to the OneCry Prayer Summit online and on the Radio - On the National Day of Prayer, OneCry will be live on hundreds of radio stations across the nation and around the world, uniting believers in prayer for revival. Listen live from your home, car, mobile device, or online at www.OneCry.com. We will be joined by Francis Chan, Matthew West, Nancy Leigh DeMoss, Nick Hall, U.S. Senate Chaplain Barry Black, and many others. Be sure to join us from 8:00-10:00 p.m. Eastern on May 2nd. Text NDOP to 59769 to get a reminder on the day of the radio summit.
- National Prayer Call - The National Day of Prayer will conclude with a National Prayer Call from 10:00 - 11:30 Eastern on May 2nd. A number of special guests will lead us in prayer and you will have an opportunity to join in a chorus of prayer as well. To participate, simply call 712-432-0075, and enter the PIN: 4961322#
So What's Next?
The National Day of Prayer is a catalyst for the prayer movement. It doesn't end on the first Thursday of May. Rather, it only begins! Make the commitment to pray and be sure to check back with us regularly for new resources, exciting events and great opportunities that are sure to help you grow in your prayer journey.
Starting, after Memorial Day, the National Day of Prayer is launching a national bus tour, so look for details coming soon on Commit2Pray.com - this will include a 5K Run in Camden County, NJ on the 4th of July. Then, this October, be sure to tune in to the first global PrayerCast featuring the foremost teachers on prayer, LIVE. So mark your calendars for October 18-19 now.
About John Bornschein
John is the Vice Chairman of the National Day of Prayer Task Force and an Executive Member of the National Prayer Committee. His 18 years in ministry spans a range of vast responsibilities including time as a missionary, youth pastor and service with Mission of Mercy, Heritage Builders, Focus on the Family and the National Day of Prayer Task Force.