The mission of the Catholic Archdiocese of Washington is to spread the light of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the world. In the faithful pursuit of this mission, the Archdiocese is seeking an Assistant to the Rector of the John Paul II Seminary.
The Assistant to the Rector will be the public face of the seminary and the formation program and assist in the administrative, organizational and communication tasks needed on a daily basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Keep all confidential files of seminarians organized and updated.
· Organize seminarian evaluations and logs.
· Prepare correspondence for the Rector’s signature.
· Assist other staff members with correspondence as requested.
· Track admissions of new seminarians from outside dioceses.
· Prepare check requests, order office supplies.
· Assist in organizing special events.
· Maintain online seminary calendars and databases.
· Maintain the confidential files of Archdiocesan seminarians in major seminary.
· Assist the Director in coordinating summer assignments, evaluations and formation events for seminarians.
· Assist the Director in coordinating the Orientation Program, Seminarian Family Days and Seminarian Days.
· Prepare the annual seminarian photo directory.
· Assist in tracking donations for seminarians.
· Prepare the seminarian serving schedule for significant Archdiocesan liturgies
· Answer all calls to the seminary.
· Greet guests as they arrive.
· Act as representative of the seminary to the public.
· Act as a point of contact for vocation directors, visiting priests and bishops as well as benefactors, donors and representatives from other dioceses.
· Assist the Director in hosting workshops for newly ordained priests and new pastors.
· Help coordinate and communicate with priests regarding convocations, retreats, and days of recollection, study days and other gatherings.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Practicing Roman Catholic in good standing with Church
· Knowledge and understanding of the faith that informs everyday life and work in the office.
· Personally committed to the mission of the Catholic Church and the Roman Catholic Priesthood with respect to the celibate, all-male priesthood.
· Discretion and confidentiality with personal information of seminarians.
· Excellent writing and editing skills.
· Well-organized and good attention to detail
· Takes the initiative, will help drive forward, without much prompting, the many programs, events, and tasks of the various offices
· Experience in managing multiple priorities.
Required Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience
· Experience providing administrative or office management support.
· Highly proficient in Microsoft Office.
· Experienced with databases and website tools.
· Experience with Facebook and other social networking and internet technologies.
· Experience in planning, organizing and executing events.
· This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
· Regular full-time employee (40 hours/week)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.63 - $33.93 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Washington, DC 20017: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Are you a practicing Catholic?
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Administrative Assistant: 5 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Suite: 5 years (Preferred)
- Calendar management: 5 years (Preferred)
- One location