Director of Music (part-time position) We are an ELCA and Reconciling in Christ congregation in Albuquerque, New Mexico, seeking a part-time Director of Music (averaging 15 hours per week).
The role of this position is to lead, seek out, encourage, and coordinate the music ministry to enrich the worship and spiritual life of the congregation and the community.
The position reports to the Pastor and is responsible for:
• Leading the Choir
• Nurturing lay leadership and continuing the rich heritage of excellence in music
• Developing the Music Ministry of SPLC
• Working with the Pastor and members of the Worship and Music Team to plan weekly and seasonal worship To serve in this role of inspiring and motivating others to deepen and share their faith through music, a successful candidate will possess the following:
• Background in or understanding of liturgical worship
• Ability to accompany hymns/anthems on piano and organ (preferred)
• Ability and energy around leading a variety of styles of music in worship
• Leadership and collaborative skills needed to coordinate the Music Ministry
• Knowledge and experience in conducting choral and instrumental music
• Technical/digital abilities (portable sound equipment, social media, etc.)
• Respect for our Mission and Welcome Statements Candidates must hold at least a bachelor’s degree in music, while a master’s degree in music is preferred.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and list of three references to:
St. Paul Lutheran Church ATTN: Personnel Committee PO Box 25001 Or by email to .
If submitting your letter and resume by e-mail please indicate “Director of Music Search” in the subject line of your e-mail.