Estimated: $23,000 - $31,000 a year
- Computer literacy
- Writing skills
- Microsoft Office
- Computer skills
- High school diploma or GED
Full Job Description
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Catholic Charities is the social ministry outreach of the Archdiocese of Washington. We believe in strengthening the lives of all in need by giving help that empowers and hope that lasts. Catholic Charities works to create a world in which every person is cherished, regardless of individual limitations, and strengthened in the use of personal gifts in order to reach his or her full potential as a valued member of the community. We are looking for exceptional people who share our vision and values. Inspiring Hope. Building Futures.
JOB SUMMARY: The Program Assistant provides primary support of clients in residential facilities in support of program goals and objectives. Oversees daily shelter activities; enforces program rules and regulations; performs intake process and log entries; Provide a safe and orderly environment; addresses client behavior issues; and maintains cleanliness and safety of the facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team made up of workers who have a variety of job responsibilities (e.g. administration, case management and).
- Provides direction and crisis intervention to clients at the facility on an as needed basis.
- Assists in maintaining the cleanliness of the facility (sweeping, mopping, emptying trash, cleaning surfaces, etc.)
- Assists in maintaining safety of clients and staff (CPI de-escalation, contacting 911, incident reporting, etc.). Responsibilities vary based on availability of security at location.
- Assist in providing safe storage and access for clients’ self-administration of medication, as needed.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Six months experience in the human service or customer service field, preferably with persons who are homeless.
- Basic computer skills in MS Office Software, web browsing, and navigation of MS Windows platform; or a willingness to be trained on developing computer skills.
SKILLS and COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking and writing.
- Ability to work with diverse staff and client population.
- Ability to multitask and stay calm in a stressful environment.
- Document unusual incidents and client violations of program rules.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)