The mission of the Catholic Archdiocese of Washington is to spread the light of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the world. In the faithful pursuit of this mission, the archdiocese is seeking a long term temporary Administrative Assistant in the Office of the John Paul II Seminary.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Greet visitors
· Answer phones and take messages
· Work on correspondence and other tasks
· Wok on media materials as requested
· Utilize Microsoft Office especially Word and Excel
· Communicate with other department using Microsoft Teams
· Other duties, as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Practicing Catholic who supports the teachings of the Catholic Church a plus
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Effective team player with strong interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks under time sensitive deadlines.
· Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
Required Education and Experience
· Proficiency in suite of Microsoft Office tools: Excel, Word, Outlook
· Able to commit to a long-term temporary role.
· This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
· This is a long term temporary position
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $20.00 - $25.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 3 years (Preferred)
- Administrative Experience: 3 years (Preferred)
- One location