Sony Xperia Z4 Release Date, Specs, Price and Features: Leaked Images Reveal Slimmer Bezel for 'Sony Xperia Z3' Followup. Z4 to be Water Resistant and Dust-Proof.
By Claire Taylor
Dubbed by several media outlets as one of the most anticipated smartphones of 2015, Sony Xperia Z4 has a lot of people excited and waiting to line up on the announcement of its release date.
It was expected that Sony will unveil its flagship smartphone in the Consumer Electronics Show last month, but it seems like the tech giant has bigger, grander plans for its launch. Instead of disappointment by many gadget enthusiasts, it only managed to fuel their excitement, especially with the latest rumors of its brand new features.
Here's the latest Sony Xperia Z4 Release Date, Specs, Price and Features.
Sony has been trying to keep the details of the Xperia Z4 under wraps, however, some images that have been leaked on the social media site, Weibo gave people an idea of what they can expect. According to Christian Today, based on the photos, Z4 looks a lot like Z3, but with noticeable differences.
What changes can you expect? Here's the rumor-round up on the specs, features and price.
- Display. The leak revealed that the device will have slimmer bezels, suggesting that there will be an increase in screen panel, but not necessarily the size of the phone. The Xperia Z4 will boast of a 5.4 or 5.5 inch display backed with an IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen. While Sony has always followed its pattern of releasing two smartphones each year, Z4 might be the only one up their slate this 2015. The reason for that? It might come in two variants - a full HD display and a QHD model, according to Fuse Joplin. Other media outlets, however, refute that suggesting that it will retain its 5.2-inch size, but will have an upgraded resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels, from its former 1920 x 1080 pixel, and a Tri-Luminous Display.
- Specs. Xperia Z4 will be equipped with a bigger ram, at 4GB, a 32GB or 64GB Internal Storage, twice the size of its predecessors and Snap Dragon 801 Chip-Set. Lengthen your experience with a 3420mAh battery. It will come with the latest Android Software, Android 5.0 Lollipop.
- Camera. People who love taking selfies will love the front camera of Z4 as it gets upgraded from Z3's 2.2 to a 4.7 MP. The rear camera, however, will still remain at 20.7 MP.
- Other Features: According to FuseJoplin, "The new Sony smartphone flagship will also come with extra features like Qi wireless charging system, Cat 9 LTE connectivity, as well as an IP rating of IP68, which means it's dust-proof and water-resistant as well."
- Price: Sony Xperia Z4 will be sold to the US at $770 or in UK pound equivalent, that's £550-£570
Sony is expected to release its Xperia Z4 on the upcoming Mobile World Congress this March, so hopefully we'll be able to snatch it up in just a few weeks.